Thursday, December 20, 2007

And the question of the evening is... how to get to get home

This evening I am figuring out the eternal question of... how to get from here... to there.

I have tickets for United Airlines flight UA838 from Tokyo Narita Airport at 5:25pm to SFO at 9:17 am.

Anyone who reads this website knows that I love motorcycles, cars, skateboards, rollerblades, heck... I would even go for a jetpack if it were in the cards. What do those all have in common? I am in control of my own transportation. One of my least favorite things is public transportation, not because I have to share my space... I actually enjoy the social aspect of it... but because I hate trying to figure out the damned maze of schedules and trains and such. Transfer here, get on here, get off here, etc. I perfer geographic navigation.

Now I have the fun task of doing it in the world's busiest train system... in the world's largest metropolitan area... crossing two of the largest cities in Japan. Oh yeah, and much of this isn't in english.

I have thus formed the following attack plan.

Materials required.

- Notebook full of internet research. Hardcopy... bleh... but no power requirements.
- Four Pack of Red Bull
- Sony PSP, music, movies, and rock and roll.
- Fully charged cellular phone
- Plane Tickets
- Passport
- Gai-Jin card
- Re Entry Form
- Luggage and such

Attack plan

- Wake up early, don't eat breakfast, give myself an extra four hours more than necissary... on top of the two at the airport... to get where I am going.
- Eat breakfast while I am inevitably waiting somewhere for something.
- Smile
- Hope.

No comments: