Sunday, December 9, 2007

Now THIS is why I came to Japan.

This is a list of awesome things that I did today when I went to the island of Odaiba in Tokyo.

  1. I went to the Toyota showroom
    1. rode in a robot driven electric car
    2. sat in a turbo ride with Gran Turismo 4 as the CGI engine
    3. sat in a real JGTC GT-500 Toyota Supra race car... yeah... really
    4. watched a robot play a violin
    5. watched the illegitimate child of a segway and a wheelchair carry a perfectly healthy person around a stage
  2. I ate Sushi
    1. had Tobiko, which I have not had since coming to Japan
    2. had Unagi, which I had been lacking too
    3. filled myself up for the equivalent of 8 bucks US.
  3. I went to the Panasonic showroom
    1. sat in front of the worlds largest plasma TV... 108 inches baby.
    2. groped a fully rugged Toughbook for the first time in person
    3. Watched a demonstration on their new touch surface technology, which is cool, but nothing compared to perspective pixel or microsoft surface
Oh HELL yes.

-Colleen

No comments: