Saturday, June 2, 2007

Word from beyond the great firewall of China

I made it to Hong Kong, the Special Administrative Reigon of the People Republic of China. So far, it seems pretty much like anywhere in the Bay Area, except everyone speaks englishfar better. I managed to sleep on the plane for 10 hours, thank Jesus H Christ for the invention of ambien, his gift to international travel.

We flew over the island of Hong Kong on the way into the airport, which is on a mostly artificial island right next to the SAR. It looks sort of like Hawaii from here, green hills that rise up from the sea, but are relatively small in width. It really is beautiful, and it is defiantly making me want to skip the return flight home.

I found my first engrish while going through Chineese security, unfortunately they dont allow photograph in the security areas. I would go ahead and tell you about it, but we all know you cant explain engrish... it ruins it... you have to see it first hand. I did however find some great engrish while ordering a snack. Check out my WTF page if you want to see it.

Anyways, just posting this from the lounge in the Hong Kong airport. Hope all is well with everyone there, and hopefully I will be making my first post from thailand soon. I am having stupid amounts of fun, and dont wan tot come back, ever.

But next time, I am brining Jesse the bear, he rules, and missed out on the salmon on the plane. Slobber too would be a good addition.

Oh, and thank you to Chris and Burke for driving me to the airport, you guys rock... it made everything way easier. Best wishes to all.

1 comment:

Burke said...

You are oh so totally welcome... I am just glad to hear you are doing well. Cant wait to hear from you again.